- Thomas Wyville – Slides GPA
- John Driscoll
- Jean (JC) Chartrand Slides DP World
- Laura Otenti, Moderator
John C. Driscoll
Port of Oakland
John C. Driscoll was appointed director of maritime on January 23, 2014, where his responsibilities include building and growing maritime business through efficient operations, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning. Mr. Driscoll oversees the full range of maritime operations including administration, finance, customer service, planning and development, and seaport security.
Prior to the Port, he recently served as the Vice President of Export Sales CMA CGM (America) LLC, a leading global container shipping group. Mr. Driscoll’s career spans more than 30 years within the international maritime industry, having worked for Sea-Land Service, Maersk Line and CMA CGM. He successfully led the expansion and development of the company’s interests in the Caribbean, Central America, and Northern South America, producing double-digit growth on average each year. Mr. Driscoll attended the University of Maryland and graduated with a B.S. in Business Management with an emphasis on Transportation and Marketing.
Port of Savannah
Tom Wyville is the current Northeast Regional Manager for the Georgia Ports Authority. Tom joined the port authority in 2013 after more than 25 years in the transportation and logistics industry. Tom began his career at United States Lines in New York City and later joined Mitsui O.S.K. Lines where he spent 14 years in various management roles. In 2000, he joined LOG-NET, a logistics technology firm, and led their sales and marketing for three years. Afterwards, he joined FMI International, a leading transportations and logistics company that specialized in fashion and retail logistics, as head of marketing and pricing. FMI was later acquired by Toll Global Forwarding. Tom has extensive experience and knowledge of both international and domestic transportation, as well as warehousing, distribution and logistics technology. He is a graduate of Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, and resides on the Jersey Shore with his wife and two teenage children
JC Jean Chartrand
Senior Strategic Sales, DP World
- Worked at CN Rail for 44 years
- 20 years in terminal and network Operations
- 24 years in International Sales (Asia and Middle east)
- Retired from CN Dec 31st 2015
- Hired by DP World Jan 2016 as Senior Manager Strategic Sales
- Lead DP worlds commercial sales in Americas region (Prince Rupert, Vancouver, Saint John, Caucedo Dominican Republic )
Laura A. Otenti
Partner Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP
Laura is a Partner in the firm’s Litigation, Logistics & Transportation, and Bankruptcy Departments. She is admitted in the state and federal courts of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, as well as the First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Prior to joining the firm, Laura practiced in Rhode Island at a well-respected firm in Providence and for the Honorable Michael Silverstein of the Rhode Island Superior Court.
Laura was named Massachusetts Super Lawyer – Rising Star every year from 2011 – 2016
Representative Experience Logistics & Transportation
- Coordinated with government agencies and obtain permits and authorizations to transport elephants internationally and domestically.
- Obtained $250,000 insurance settlement on behalf of motor carrier for damage to cargo.
- Drafted volume service contracts for ocean carriage on behalf of shippers’ association.
- Drafted service contracts between motor carrier, broker, and shipper.
- Advised freight forwarder concerning regulatory compliance.
- Formed corporation for motor carrier and broker services, and obtain federal interstate operating authority.
- Defended broker against claim for freight charges that were not paid by consignee.
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of shipper against freight forwarder and warehouse for stolen cargo.
- Obtained TSA Indirect Air Carrier (IAC) authorization for foreign-owned freight forwarder.
- Advised clients as to rights and obligations under the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act (COGSA), the Carmack Amendment, the Shipping Act, Interstate Commerce Act, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations, General Average, Incoterms and Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
- Represented clients before the Federal Maritime Commission and the civil courts.