You can find every FreightWaves podcast conveniently in one feed via the free FreightCasts channel on freightwaves.com/podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever podcasts are found. Subscribe to FreightCasts to never miss a FreightWaves podcast.
The full list of FreightWaves media can be streamed via the FreightWavesTV app available for your smartphone, Apple TV, Roku and Fire TV. The app is free on all platforms.
Users of the FreightWavesTV app also have access to a full lineup of FreightWavesTV content, including weekday live streaming, special reports, news segments, past shows, SONAR demos, rapid-fire demos and exclusive interviews.
Coronavirus Freight Market Update
- What’s next for warehousing after the pandemic?
- Michael Vincent and Kevin Hill talk about the economic impact that COVID-19 is having on freight and the transportation industry. They cover the latest news and freight flows backed by data-driven insights powered by SONAR.
- This episode features Tom Curee, SVP, Strategy & Innovation, at Kingsgate Logistics LLC; Laurance O. Alvarado, co-founder and CEO at WARECAP; and Market Experts Andrew Cox, Zach Strickland and Anthony Smith.
- Viewers are encouraged to comment and call in during broadcasts Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon on FreightWaves’ Linkedin, Facebook and YouTube channels.
- Is global trade in recovery mode?
- This episode features Dr. Jason Miller, tenured associate professor at Michigan State University – The Eli Broad College of Business; Steve Ferreira, founder and CEO, Ocean Audit; and FreightWaves Market Experts Zach Strickland, Anthony Smith and Andrew Cox.
FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- Industry keynote with Shelley Simpson, EVP, CCO and president of Highway Services, J.B. Hunt
- Rewatch FreightWaves LIVE @HOME’s industry keynote with Shelley Simpson, executive vice president, chief commercial officer and president of Highway Services, J.B. Hunt, followed by a live Q&A with Emily Szink, EVP of Content, FreightWaves.
- Industry Keynote with Doug Waggoner, chairman and CEO, Echo Global Logistics, and Craig Fuller, founder and CEO, FreightWaves
- Industry Keynote with Doug Waggoner, chairman and CEO, Echo Global Logistics, and Craig Fuller, founder and CEO, FreightWaves, discussing the impact of COVID-19, the adoption of technology and the future of freight.
- Autonomous vehicle technology in the trucking industry
- Autonomous vehicle tech in the trucking industry: challenges it solves, technology, benefits and deployment. FreightWaves Director of Passport Research JP Hampstead interviews Vijaysai Patnaik, the Product Lead at Waymo, during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
- How shippers and carriers can future-proof their business
- JT Engstrom, chief strategy officer, FreightWaves, interviews Ricardo Salgado, founder and CEO of Loadsmart, during FreightWaves LIVE @HOME.
WHAT THE TRUCK?!?
- Alexa, is Amazon doing enough to protect supply chain workers?
- Dooner and The Dude talk about Amazon facing increased pressure to release coronavirus infection numbers after another warehouse employee died, HOS rule changes, and surprising consumer confidence numbers.
- This episode features Todd Fain, president, Recon Logistics; Carly Reeves, AVP, marketing, TriumphPay; Matthew Milewski, Connected Vehicle marketing director, Navistar; Ingrid Brown, owner-operator, Rollin’ B.
- Good News Bad News featuring PPP loans, Arkansas Mo, Pricing Power, Scooby Doo and McDonald’s.
- And, we hear from you in Comment Section Rodeo.
- Day 3 from FreightWaves LIVE @HOME
- Dooner and The Dude broadcast live from the set of FreightWaves LIVE @HOME and focus on technology, productivity and remote team collaboration. They chat with Lean Tech’s David Bell; Banyan’s Lance Healey; TriumphPay’s Derrick Dunker; Truckstop.com’s Stephen Bindbeutel; and FreightWaves’ Chris Henry.
- Plus bonus content of FreightWaves LIVE @HOME event wrapup and Best In Show (audio only).
- Is meat the new toilet paper?
- Dooner and The Dude talk about meat shortages causing supermarkets to institute rationing, trucking losing 88,000 jobs, and whether tightening in reefer markets will rub off on dry van?
- They’re joined by Trey Griggs, global director of sales at Hubtek, to talk about launching TABi at FreightWaves LIVE @HOME and about virtual networking.
- BasicBlock CEO and co-founder Taylor Monks talks about raising venture capital during a pandemic and the power of responsive payments.
- Plus, a SONAR-powered breakdown of the freight market with Zach Strickand as we dive deeper into where rates and volumes will be headed this week.
- And we also discuss this week’s big and little deals concerning the job market, U.S./China trade deal, Motel 6 supporting truckers and NASA sending Tom Cruise into space.
Put That Coffee Down
- Do your sales reps know what they’re selling?
- Dooner and Hill are talking about getting on the same page. Are your sales reps presenting your product in the best possible light? Are you launching a product and want to make sure your team knows how to sell it? We’ll discuss aligning corporate and sales rep goals.
- This episode features Stephen Bindbeutel, director of Portfolio Strategy, Truckstop.com.
- Plus, listener feedback, advice and community building!
Great Quarter, Guys
- Are Uber’s market share gains worth the burn?
- Andrew and Kevin discuss first-quarter earnings before FreightWaves Lead Economist Anthony Smith makes an appearance to chat about unemployment.
- As always, thanks to CarrierDirect for their research contributions.
Fuller Speed Ahead
- The impact of COVID-19 on the global supply chain
- Freightwaves Founder and CEO Craig Fuller discusses the impact of COVID-19 on the global supply chain with Will O’Donnell, managing partner of Prologis Ventures, from FreightWaves LIVE @Home.
- Perspectives throughout the Industry
- Zach and Anthony go over the latest economic trends within the freight industry and bring on special guest Zac Rogers to breakdown the Logistics Managers Index.
- The last mostly ‘normal’ quarter in trucking is in the books
- The numbers are in — earnings for the quarter have been reported by all the trucking and other freight-related companies for the three months that ended March 31. And what a quarter it was, finishing up in the middle of a radically changed scenario that nobody could have ever modeled for.
- John Kingston talks with Todd Fowler, the transportation equity analyst at KeyBank. Todd sat in on all the main earnings calls for the quarter — and followed up with the management of many of them after the calls — so he has a great deal of perspective on how companies fared and where they’re going for the rest of the year.
- John also talks about diesel prices, noting how oil prices are climbing in international markets but diesel at the pump isn’t. It’s a nice situation that many people didn’t think could happen … but it is.
On The Spot
- What’s the connection between consumer spending and the freight market?
- Zach Strickland and JP Hampstead discuss the latest changes in the freight spot market.
FreightWaves Morning Minute
- The fastest minute in freight.
- The top headlines from FreightWaves.com every weekday morning. Available on FreightWaves.com/podcasts, your favorite podcasts player and Alexa by adding the skill “FreightWaves.”