Saturday Gate Hours – Sept. 12 – Nov. 21, 2020
As we enter the traditional peak season for imported retail merchandise, we are pleased to report that cargo volumes are improving, despite the challenges presented by the pandemic. The market is rebounding and The Port of Virginia is taking steps to facilitate efficient growth.
In collaboration with the Tidewater Motor Truck Association (TMTA) Pier Committee, we are pleased to announce the following initiative, offering greater gate capacity and access to beneficial cargo owners and our trucking partners:
Effective Saturday, September 12, through Saturday, November 21, 2020
- Virginia International Gateway (VIG) and the Portsmouth Chassis Yard (PCY) will open at 0700 hours with portal closure at 1100 hours (VIG) and last in-gate trucks at 1130 hours (PCY)
- VIG and the PCY will offer these hours for 11 consecutive Saturdays (Sept. 12 – Nov. 21)
- Saturday hours at VIG will be fully mandatory, requiring TRS reservations
- Saturday reservations will be made available at 0900 hours on Friday (www.propassva.com)
- The Empty Matrix will govern all empty returns on Saturdays
Saturday gate hours will be limited to VIG and the PCY exclusively – all other terminal/facility gates will remain closed, per the standard operating plan.
Thank you for supporting The Port of Virginia. We value your partnership and appreciate your business.